Based at Kraken Robotics Services (Aberdeen, UK, or at Newfoundland, Canada)
Full-Time – Permanent | Job Reference: KRL-2023-03
Roles and Responsibilities
The Tender Manager is a core member of the commercial team, responsible for managing Tenders across all Kraken business units. The role will work closely with the Business Development and Sales Teams and engage with all departments for support in reviewing tender documents and preparation of tender submissions. Managing numerous ongoing tenders including liaising with suppliers and subcontractors to obtain quotations, including contract negotiations.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Respond to tender pre-qualification requests and manage registrations for client portals to become an approved supplier
- Review client ITT’s and RFQ’s, preparing high quality tender submissions, manage the bid process from receipt to enquiry through proposal submission and contract award
- For larger/more complex bids, development, manage and distribute a schedule to bid team to ensure sufficient time is planned for preparation, review, approval and submission
- Ensure bids are compliant with the client requirements and adhere to internal commercial processes
- Identify and coordinate bid documents to be reviewed by internal departments, defining their contributions required for proposal/bid response preparation
- Write bid submission content with input from internal department subject matter experts
- Prepare RFQ documentation for requesting proposals from suppliers and subcontractors
- Prepare bid cost estimates, engaging with external suppliers as required to obtain quotations
- Working with BD and Sales Managers to formulate bid strategy and USP
- Manage internal bid review meetings and internal approval process
- Identification of risks, HSEQ, Fiscal, Contractual & Technical and opportunities within tenders and mitigation/improvement plans
- Compile clarifications consulting with contracts/legal and other departments as required to manage compliance.
- Participate in client clarification meetings/correspondence and maintain accurate file records
- Prepare handover documentation to allow project execution to commence, ensuring that all required data, risk/opportunities, pricing, and other pertinent documents are available
- Maintain accurate tender reporting/KPI dashboard data, on bid submissions, open enquiries, quote conversion etc.
- Support the Business Development and Sales Teams with day-to-day organisation of commercial activities
Develop and maintain standard proposal templates and additional bid support data
- Document tender debriefs and ensure lessons learned are presented to the bid team as part of continuous improvement
- Draft proposal submissions for funding bodies and trade associations for internal R&D/business improvement projects
- Assist in creating and revising commercial policies and procedures
- Carry out other tasks as required and within the competence of the rile and job holder
Qualifications and Experience
- Tenders/estimating experience
- Preferably degree or HNC qualified in either a Business, technical or related subject
- Experience of tendering offshore renewables survey work scope with a Marine Technology, Subsea services provider
- Experience in defence sector is highly desired
- Strong commercial awareness and effective negotiation skills are essential
- Knowledge of standard industry contracts, such as IMCA, BIMCO and LOGIC
- Highly proficient in various Office 365 tools, including Teams and SharePoint, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Knowledge of business management/CRM systems would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to identify risks and propose alternative strategies to mitigate risks
- Self-motivated with ability to multi-task and oversee multiple tasks simultaneously with conflicting priorities
- Good time management, adopting a flexible approach to work
- Ability to work successfully in a dynamic team environment across departments and locations
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Strong planning, analytical, negotiation and organisational skills
- Strong ethical values and willingness to raise concerns to internal team members
- Willing to contribute ideas and seek improvements and solutions committed to improving working practices.
- Demonstrate sound judgement and good decision-making when dealing with problems.
- Ability to communicate with external stakeholders and clients whilst ensuring the company is always represented in a professional manner.
- Carry out any other tasks as required and within the competence of the job holder.
- This position can be based in Aberdeen, UK or Newfoundland, Canada.
Email your latest CV, stating job reference KRSI-2023-03 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Aberdeen, UK or Newfoundland, CanadaClosing Date:
30 June 2023