Hydro Energy Group, a specialist recruitment consultancy based in Plymouth, is recruiting on behalf of our client, a survey contractor who have a number of projects confirmed and as a result are keen identify and engage with experienced and emerging talent on a permanent basis.
The survey contractor is specialising in Geophysical / Hydrographic Pre-Engineering work which includes nearshore / offshore ROV and towed system scopes. The business works in a wide range of markets including subsea cables, renewables, oil and gas, infrastructures, port & coastal, environmental protection, mining, underwater archaeology and defence.
They have a modern fleet of offshore ships available for their survey operations and has its own state-of-the-art survey equipment and a high-tech GIS-based data processing centre.
The overall aim of the Party Chief is to execute project delivery on time, in full and within budget. Meeting, or exceeding, our clients expectations.
The role of the Party Chief is to be the company representative acting as the offshore focal point between the office, the vessel and the client rep. The Party Chief will ensure that each discipline within the survey team is working collaboratively and harmoniously towards achieving the aims of the project.
The Party Chief will be the primary client/company interface, leader and technical authority whilst offshore.
- Responsible for all Survey and Positioning activities on the vessel.
- Working with the project support manager to plan and supervise mobilisation activity.
- Carry out safety inductions and toolbox talks and issue non-conformance, near miss, incident and accident reports when necessary. Reporting of project KPIs.
- Ensure all policies, standards and work scopes are understood and followed by the survey crew in line with project scope and client expectations.
- Conduct project Risk Assessments and project briefings on vessels.
- Ensure that Technical Reports are issued in line with the project reporting timeframes.
- Responsible for the compilation and Client approval of the vessel Daily Progress reports.
- Ensure work is carried out in line with the company and the clients Safety, Quality and Technical specifications and expectations. Including Quality Non- Conformances.
- Plan and monitor the performance of survey crew members. Hold key personnel accountable for delivering daily work scopes/plans.
- Working with the Client Representative conduct daily meetings review, plan, communicate and co-ordinate clear objectives and plans.
- Responsible for the correct application of change management on the vessel should it be required.
- Ensure lessons learned by the offshore team during projects are on passed to the Project Manager.
- Promote and act as an ambassador for the company.
- Act as mentor and undertake training and periodic reviewing of the offshore team members performance.
- 5-7 years experience as a Senior Surveyor with at least a year of management responsibility.
- Qualification in appropriate technical/survey related subject.
- Current offshore medical and survival certificates.
- Good command of the English language.
- Experience of ISM / The International Management Code for the Safe Operation of Ships and for Pollution Prevention.
- Ideally IOSH or equivalent qualification.
- Ideally a Management or Leadership qualification.
- Must demonstrate a flexible approach
- Autonomous and self driven to achieve results and survey outcomes.
- Ability to promote, and uphold, the best interest of the company.
- Must be able to work in a multi cultural and diverse working environment.
- Tenacity to get things done and hold others to account for under delivery.
Hydro Energy GroupRole:
Offshore - Rotational (180 days/year)Closing Date:
15 December 2022