Calling all students
The Hydrographic Society UK is an independent, non-profit making, non-governmental, learned professional membership organisation providing a forum for everyone involved in activities related to hydrography and associated disciplines, both in the UK and overseas. One of its principal objectives is to promote the advancement of education and training for those engaged in hydrography and associated disciplines and the South West Region’s annual Student Presentations Evening is a key part of this drive.
This event offers BSc and MSc students a rare opportunity to showcase both themselves and their dissertation studies to the hydrographic community and potential employers.
Don’t miss out on the chance to:
• Present your own work to a distinguished audience of hydrographic professionals
• Receive invaluable feedback, advice or even an offer of practical assistance with your studies
• Outshine your peers and win the £100 prize awarded to the best overall presentation
• Get yourself recognised within the hydrographic community
• Access a contact list of potential employers within the industry
All second and third year BSc Ocean Exploration and Surveying, BSc Oceanography and Coastal Processes, MSc Hydrography, and MSc Applied Marine Science students are eligible. All students who present on the night will each receive £25 or, in the case of the winner, £100.
A limited number of presentation slots are available and these are frequently oversubscribed. Spaces are allocated on a first come, first served basis. Apply now by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on 25th March 2022.
First year students and those not taking part are welcome and actively encouraged to attend the event.