For the last 40 + years the MacArtney Group have manufactured high-quality underwater technology products, fully integrated systems and innovative custom solutions, from design to installation, supported by training, service and local workshops.
MacArtneys UK office is the largest outside of HQ in Denmark and supplies products in connectivity, launch and recovery, and data acquisition for oil and gas related companies, ocean science institutes, marine renewable developers, navies, fisheries and others in the UK and Ireland.
As leaders in connectivity and integrated systems for harsh environments, we offer turnkey solutions to the most demanding subsea applications with a high level of electrical, optical and mechanical expertise and more than two decades of local experience and background.
We are looking for a Workshop Technician to join our Cable Assembly Workshop within the MacArtney UK team. The ideal candidate will have an interest in working within a busy workshop environment, and will have experience in a similar role in the past.
The workplace is MacArtney UK, Howe Moss Avenue, Dyce, Aberdeenshire, AB21 0GP.
The position is full-time, and we wish to fill the vacancy as soon as possible.
Please send applications complete with detailed CV and letter of introduction to Pamela Corringham, UK HR Manager at email@example.com.
- Manufacturing of electrical cable assemblies.
- Wiring and moulding of cable and connectors.
- Reading and understanding electrical wiring diagrams.
- To build a knowledge of connector types and their usage (surface and subsea application).
- To build a knowledge of cable types and understand usage of different conductor types.
- Use of the machinery required to produce moulded cable assemblies.
- Knowledge of relevant solvents and primers required as part of the moulding process with regards to their application and safe handling. (training will be given).
- Cable inspection and writing subsequent reports.
- Usage of all electrical test and measurement equipment required to carry out daily work.
- Good health and safety awareness.
- We are seeking a self-motivated individual who can work within a busy team but also have the ability to work on their own initiative.
- Experience in a workshop environment would be advantageous but not essential, however, soldering experience is essential and a basic test will be conducted if you have a successful interview.
- MacArtney offers a Technicians role in a leading and well-consolidated international business currently in a growth phase. You can look forward to a positive and informal working environment with professional colleagues in a modern company and with excellent employment conditions.
Workshop Technician – Cable AssemblyLocation:
Aberdeen, UKClosing Date: