What the role will involve?
We are looking for an experienced geoscientist to join its growing team. The Senior Geoscientist will work primarily in the offshore consultancy team working on offshore renewable projects, reviewing, interpreting and integrating multidisciplinary datasets to assess and report on site conditions and site risk (i.e. ground modelling). The Senior Geoscientist will be required to support the geodata acquisition team, performing site work and data processing as required, including operations, maintenance and development of unmanned survey systems.
The Senior Geoscientist will also be required to compile tenders, perform project management duties, support business development and support day-to-day running of the organisation, in additional to technical responsibilities. Training will be provided as required.
Please send CV and cover letter to Brian Critchley brian.critchley@AlphaGeoUK.com
Offshore consultancy – technical (50%)
- Review, process and interpret offshore geophysical and geotechnical datasets.
- Develop engineering geological desk studies and ground models.
- Geotechnical parameterisation
- Geohazard identification
- Cable burial risk assessment
- Technical reporting
- GIS-based geoprocessing, database management, figure, and chart creation
- Writing of geophysical and geotechnical survey specifications and scopes of work
- Offshore vessel-based client representation
Geodata acquisition – technical (20%)
- Prepare health and safety documentation.
- Acquire and process aerial photogrammetric and LiDAR data.
- Acquire and process aerial and terrestrial magnetometer data.
- Acquire and process UAV bathymetry data.
- Compile operational, factual, and interpretative reports.
Technical and commercial tendering (10%)
Team supervision and project/financial management (10%)
- Provide technical supervision of a small team of geoscientists on a project-by-project basis.
- Perform project management duties, including deadline management, financial tracking, and budget management.
Business development and day-to-day business operations (10%)
- Develop and promote new services, processes, and workflows.
- Promote services at conferences, exhibitions, and client meetings.
- Maintain website and social media sites.
- Assist with ongoing maintenance and improvement of the integrated management system (quality, OHS and environment)
The successful candidate should hold an earth sciences degree and have a strong background in:
- Reviewing and interpreting offshore geophysical, geotechnical, and geological datasets
- Developing engineering geological desk studies and ground models
- Geotechnical and geophysical survey best practice
- Geospatial data management, geoprocessing, and interrogation in ArcGIS (or QGIS)
- Technical report writing and communication skills.
- Developing concise and easy-to-understand report figures and charts.
- Independent working, attention to detail and strong self-checking abilities
The following are considered beneficial to fulfilling the role:
- Experience in derivation of geotechnical parameter bounds.
- Experience in IHS Kingdom, SonarWiz and CorelDraw
- Onshore survey experience (GNSS, total stations, laser scanning and CAD)
- Photogrammetry and LiDAR data processing
- Bathymetry data processing
Faringdon, OxfordshireClosing Date: