Aspect Land & Hydrographic Surveys Ltd are currently looking for an experienced Hydrographic Surveyor to join their team based in Irvine, Ayrshire as a Hydrographic Survey Manager.
The successful candidate will have extensive Hydrographic Survey experience, across a broad range of survey disciplines, and be able to demonstrate significant experience in a leading a team and contributing to the efficient management of a hydrographic survey department.
The role will be largely office based, although there may be a requirement to undertake site work on occasion.
Purpose of the Role:
- To manage a team of surveyors, providing expert technical advice and leadership.
- To provide comprehensive expertise in carrying out surveys to client specifications
- To ensure the accuracy of survey data by means of robust QA processes.
- To assist the commercial team in the completion of tender and PQQ documents.
- Safety – Actively promote the implementation of the company’s HSEQ Policies.
- Respect – Support the hydrographic survey team to achieve the highest possible standards. Consistently strive to understand client needs and meet or exceed their expectations.
- Quality – Ensure the accuracy of survey results, conforming to best practice and industry standards.
- Commercial Effectiveness – Contribute to cost effective operations by conducting surveys in the most efficient and timely manner and by managing the team effectively.
- Co-ordinate and manage projects, determining the most appropriate approach to the planning and execution of surveys.
- Manage the day-to-day workload across all assigned projects in line with customer requirements and company processes and standards.
- Deliver on all assigned projects, optimising the use of resources to maximise performance against project budgets and ensuring that robust QA procedures are completed.
- Deal with operational issues and technical matters, resolving independently or accessing appropriate support.
- Manage a team of surveyors and assistants, leading and coaching team members to maximise their progress and ensure compliance to relevant standards and procedures.
- Co-ordinate training and development activities for all personnel with the hydrographic survey team, based on regular appraisal and performance management activities.
- Support the management team in the completion of tender and PQQ documentation.
- Assist with audits on behalf of Quality and HS&E, ensuring full compliance to defined process.
- Work collaboratively with other department managers in ensuring the highest standard of process management and project co-ordination across multidisciplinary projects.
- At least 5 years relevant industry experience and related degree qualification
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be eligible to work in the UK and hold a Full Driving License.
This is a full-time position for a focused team player and, in return, an attractive salary package is offered, with a generous holiday entitlement, company pension scheme and a professional working environment within a progressive survey company.
To apply please email your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com