please apply by sending a cover letter and your CV to email@example.comApply Now
Titan Environmental Surveys Ltd, are a multidisciplinary marine and environmental survey company based in South Wales, UK. We have over 30 years’ experience in the fields marine survey services including Hydrography, Geophysics, Oceanography and Environmental Sampling. Titan own and operate four specialist inshore survey vessels to support of marine survey operations.
Titan are looking to expand our survey team with the recruitment of Hydrographic\Geophysical Surveyors to join our rotational field teams.
As a Surveyor you will be responsible for the day to day tuning, deployment and care of survey equipment, data acquisition, data processing and QA/QC. As a surveyor your role will involve working closely with the vessel skipper and Party Chief to ensure project deliverables are met. You will develop your team working abilities to maximise the efficiency of the vessel and crew and always demonstrate a flexible and proactive approach to working practises, essential in the nearshore survey market.
- Equipment interfacing and tune-up for equipment onboard.
- Multi-role online surveyor, collecting data including MBES, SSS, Magnetometer, SBP.
- Survey equipment maintenance.
- Working daily from mainly UK ports for several weeks at the time.
- Be part of the Company field rota, currently 3 weeks on-call, 3 weeks office based. Undertaking 80-120 field days a year.
- Office and field office data processing and reporting.
- Learning the different technical specifications between projects and their impacts on data collection.
- Supporting Party Chiefs and Vessel Skippers in delivering jobs within expected timelines and specifications, end to end.
- Ensuring all work is carried out in accordance with the company IMS system.
- Vessel crewing duties with the potential for skippering opportunities or development.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Relevant degree with 1-3 years of industry experience in a similar role.
- Experience in Hydrographic and Geophysical surveys.
- Knowledge of industry standard software packages QINSy, PDS2000, POSPac MMS, Trimble Business Centre, Caris HIPS and SIPS, Geosoft Oasis Montaj, AutoCAD and QGIS.
- Previous knowledge of Multibeam data processing, GNSS data processing, Geophysical data processing, UXO data processing along with tidal theory, acoustic theory and geodesy.
- Geophysical survey background would be an advantage.
- Proficient in Microsoft packages (Word/Excel)
- Current holder of or working towards commercially endorsed RYA/MCA Powerboat Advanced or above.
- Good teamwork and communication skills.
- Problem solving initiative and flexibility.
- Fluent in English language both oral and written.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK and hold a Full Clean Driving License
You must live or be willing to relocate to a commutable distance of the Titan Surveys office in Bridgend, South Wales.
If you believe you have the experience, skills and ambition for this challenging role, please apply by sending a cover letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Titan Environmental Surveys LimitedRole:
Bridgend, South WalesClosing Date:
31 August 2022