We are seeking a Health, Safety and Environment Advisorto support our growing business. The successful candidate will be able to work in a fast-paced team environment and would be interested in contributing to the direction of future Kraken products.
TO APPLY: Email your latest CV, stating job reference KRSUK-2023-01 to: email@example.com
- Want to apply your skills, knowledge and expertise to push the boundaries of underwater intelligence –which help governments defend and make our oceans safe, or ensure critical offshore energy and communications infrastructure is installed and maintained efficiently? If innovation drives you, and you want a career that makes a difference, helping humanity overcome the challenges in our oceans –safely, efficiently, and sustainably –then come join us at Kraken Robotics.
- Kraken Robotics offers a unique career opportunity to work with an internationally recognized leader in ocean technology that is harnessing our world class talent to provide superior subsea solutions for global security, environmental, and scientific challenges. Our highly talented team design and manufacture technology platforms for NATO navies and commercial clients throughout the world and provide acoustic 3D Synthetic Aperture Sonar (SAS) data solutions and imaging in the offshore energy sector with increasing focus on offshore renewables.
- Kraken offers an attractive and competitive compensation package designed to reward our team for a job well done. With locations around the world, we support remote working packages and encourage professional and cultural collaborations. Kraken is an equal opportunity employer focused on promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion and we value the diversity of our team that contributes to our company growth and development.
To find out more about Kraken Robotics, and discover other exciting career opportunities, visit our website,or follow us on social media:https://krakenrobotics.com/about/careers/
- Advise Kraken employees, contractors and subcontractors of Kraken HSE initiatives, programs, procedures and expectations ensuring that the safety culture is encouraged amongst all.
- Assist in Implementing, promoting and managing HSE awareness campaigns.
- Ensure that the workplace ismonitored and is fully in compliant with all applicable OSH related standards, rules, and regulations.
- Participate in HSE discussions, Toolbox Talks, after action reviews, etc. that help facilitate operations.
- Ensure that Safety Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are maintained, and communicated to employees.
- Highlight areas where training / certification is required to meet the standards imposed by Legislation, Approved Codes of Practice, or H.S.E. guidance.•Keep up to date with changes in current legislation and bring to the attention of Management any relevant new legislation.
- Ensure that all assessments as required by legislation are conducted and reviewed at relevant intervals and maintain records of the assessments.
- Ensure that all critical activities are risk assessed and control measures are applied before execution.
- Participate in operational risk assessments to help in identifying and mitigating hazards for critical activities.
- Conduct health and safety inspections and prepare reports; ensure the results of the inspections are documented and shared with Global HSE Lead.
- Maintain accident and incident statistics, analyze trends, and propose and / or take remedial actions where necessary.
- Foster continuous improvement of existing HSE Management Systems through sharing of best practices.
- Assist with investigation of accidents, incidents (including near misses), and dangerous occurrences and make recommendations to prevent recurrence; assist in ensuring that corrective actions are taken; and provide recommendations to prevent similar incidents.
- Work closely with Global HSE Lead to ensure all Kraken HSE aspects are communicated and distributed to management and the workforce.
- Diploma in Safety Management.
- 5+ years’ in HSE position with offshore energy sector experience
- Certification in HSE audit.
- Knowledge in local and international HSE laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of the principles and requirements of ISO 9001: 2015, 14001:2015 and 45001:2018.
- Experience in Risk and Hazard assessment.
- Ability to effectively communicate in both oral and written English.
- Ability to communicate effectively with fellow employees, work crews, management, and clients.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple mega projects.
- Ability to operate effectively in a global work environment.
- Excellent IT skills, with the ability to use Microsoft Office 365 software.
- Excellent leadership, command, and control skills.
- Carry out any other tasks as required and within the competence of the job holder.
- This position isbased in Aberdeen, UK.
Health, Safety and Environment AdvisorLocation:
Aberdeen, UKClosing Date: