Spectrum Geosurvey specialise in coastal geophysical surveys, supporting a wide range of clients in the offshore renewables sector. Spectrum Geosurvey are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated individual to join our growing team based in our Lymington office.
The successful candidate will be required to perform a variety of roles within the company and be prepared to travel and work away from home when required. Supported by an experienced and committed team of senior surveyors, the graduate surveyor will develop their skill set to carry out the following tasks within our growing company:
- Experience with creating charts in QGIS and compiling concise and accurate survey reports.
- Vessel mobilisations, including survey equipment installation, interfacing, calibration and verification
- Plan and undertake hydrographic surveys
- Calibrate and maintain survey equipment
- Develop and document survey procedures, both existing and innovative
- Process and chart large area bathymetric datasets
- Compile concise and accurate survey reports for a variety of clients
- Assist project managers in the running of survey projects, both large and small
- Research new technologies and arrange system/software trials to keep Spectrum on the cutting edge
Applicants should submit a CV and cover letter outlining their fit for the role.
Deadline – Friday 14th February 2024.
Submissions to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject such as Hydrography, Marine Geography, Marine Sciences or a related field
- Working knowledge of hydrographic multibeam systems, motion reference units, side scan sonar and magnetometer systems
- Highly competent in the use of all Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel
- Strong marine background
- High attention to detail and documentation while under pressure
- Ability to take initiative and work unsupervised
- Full valid UK driving licence
- Project management experience
- Previous experience of mobilising, maintaining and calibrating hydrographic survey equipment including multibeam echo sounders
- Prior industry experience working within a hydrographic surveying role or related industry
- Previous experience of using hydrographic software, such as QINSy, Teledyne PDS or Caris HIPS & SIPS
Graduate Hydrographic SurveyorLocation:
Lymington, UKClosing Date:
14 March 2024