Based at Kraken Robotics (Newfoundland, Canada or Aberdeen, UK)
Full-Time – Permanent | Job Reference: KRSL-2023-03
Roles and Responsibilities
As a Geoscientist working for Kraken Robotics Services, you will be responsible for the quality control of Sub-bottom Imager, Acoustic Corer and Katfish synthetic aperture sonar (SAS) datasets during data acquisition offshore. Offshore the Geoscientist will also be involved in the interpretation of these innovative datasets providing cutting edge information of the seabed and shallow soil conditions.
Onshore, the Geoscientist continues the interpretation of these datasets and prepares the deliverables and writes technical reports. Training is provided through either one-on-one training or through the Kraken Academy, which enables Geoscientists to become familiar with Kraken Robotics technology.
The Geoscientist team consists of Geoscientists, Data Processors and Sonar Survey Technicians from Aberdeen, UK and St. John’s, Newfoundland office which supports offshore projects around the world. Kraken Robotics Services operates in worldwide offshore renewable market.
The ideal candidate can adapt quickly to business needs, is able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, team environment, and is interested in contributing to the direction of future Kraken products.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Conform to all Kraken Robotics HSEQ policies and procedures to ensure all activities onshore and offshore are carried out in a safe manner.
- Work offshore when required around the world as assigned by the Geoscience Manager and Operations team.
- While working offshore, carryout the quality control and interpretation of various geophysical datasets such as, Sub-bottom Imager (SBI), Acoustic Corer (AC), KATISH synthetic aperture sonar (SAS) and magnetometer.
- Assist with the mobilisation and demobilisation of Kraken equipment during offshore projects.
- While working onshore, continue interpretation of Sub-bottom Imager, Acoustic Corer and SAS datasets and produce the required client deliverables.
- Integrate geotechnical and other geophysical interpretations into Kraken interpreted datasets.
- Write technical reports while offshore during a survey and for the end project results reports.
- Assist in writing pre-project documentation such as Survey Acquisition Plans and Desktop Studies.
- Be able to work to deadlines as set by the Geoscience Manager and Operations team and prioritise workload where necessary.
- Attend training courses where required and apply what has been learned to everyday working where possible.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s (BSc) degree in Geophysics, Geology or similar
- Previous offshore experience (1-2 years)
- Experience with using geophysical interpretation/processing software such as: OpendTect, EIVA NaviModel, GIS software packages, Oasis Montai, Kingdon or Landmark and SonarWiz.
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- If based in Canada, must be eligible for G.I.T status.
- Previous offshore experience within the marine geophysical survey industry.
Email your latest CV, stating job reference KRSI-2023-07 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Newfoundland, Canada or Aberdeen, UKClosing Date:
30 June 2023