Hydro Energy Group, a specialist recruitment consultancy based in Plymouth, is recruiting on behalf of our client, a survey contractor who have a number of projects confirmed and as a result are keen identify and engage with experienced and emerging talent on a permanent basis.
The survey contractor is specialising in Geophysical / Hydrographic Pre-Engineering work which includes nearshore / offshore ROV and towed system scopes. The business works in a wide range of markets including subsea cables, renewables, oil and gas, infrastructures, port & coastal, environmental protection, mining, underwater archaeology and defence.
They have a modern fleet of offshore ships available for their survey operations and has its own state-of-the-art survey equipment and a high-tech GIS-based data processing centre.
The Survey Engineer will work as part of a small team on board the vessel under the guidance of the Party Chief, you will be responsible for the overall set up, integration, operation and maintenance of all survey sensors, including mobilisations and demobilisations. You will provide ongoing support to the survey team to ensure continuous operations and quality data acquisition.
The Survey Engineer will always work in accordance with company and client QHSE procedures.
- Actively participate in tool box talks and risk assessments
- Installation, interfacing, testing, calibration, verification and operation of hydrographic, geophysical and geotechnical survey equipment to the required standards and in accordance with Client and Company specification and procedures.
- Record and report vessel/ROV and sensor offsets.
- Maintain an accurate equipment register.
- Check, inspect and document against manifest all equipment on receipt and dispatch from vessel.
- Work with the survey team to deploy and recover survey sensors as required by the Survey Party Chief.
- Work with the survey team to ensure the survey sensor data is acquired to project requirements.
- Be responsible for the ongoing checking, fault finding and maintenance of the survey equipment on the vessel.
- Document and report on faulty / damaged equipment in line with company procedures.
- Be responsible for technical support for survey sensors onboard vessel, liaising with shore side and 3rd party suppliers as required.
- Assist the shoreside technical teams in reviewing and updating vessel procedures / forms and documentation as required.
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential
- BSc or HND in electronics or IT related discipline or relevant industry experience
- Proficient in the setup and operation of commonly used survey equipment.
- Experience in fault finding.
- Ability to work flexibly in global locations.
- Qualification in an appropriate survey related subject.
- HNC/HND qualification with appropriate field experience.
- Must have, or be able to obtain, all industry required certificates to work offshore. BOSIET/OGUK etc…
- Must obtain and maintain a valid passport and/or visas to travel internationally in countries the company operates in.
- Ability to work in a team.
Demonstrated ability to learn from, and teach others, is highly desirable.
- Must demonstrate a flexible approach.
- Ability to learn from and teach others.
- Disciplined and self motivated.
- Ability to promote, and uphold, the best interest of Next Geosolutions.
Must be able to work in a multi cultural and diverse working environment
Hydro Energy GroupRole:
Geophysical / Survey EngineerLocation:
Offshore (Rotational 180 days/year)Closing Date:
15 December 2022