Based at Kraken Robotics Services (Aberdeen, UK or Newfoundland, Canada)
Full-Time – Permanent | Job Reference: KRSI-2023-06
Roles and Responsibilities
The Contracts Manager is a core member of the commercial team, reporting to the VP Commercial, responsible for advising on all legal and compliance issues across Kraken business units, with exposure to projects globally. The role will engage with the business at all levels to provide guidance and support on a wide variety of contractual, legal and compliance issues.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Reviewing and qualifying terms and conditions contained within client invitations to tender, including evaluating tax and insurance requirements
- Reviewing and negotiating legal documentation with external parties including subcontracts, terms and conditions, NDAs, MoUs, contractor agreements, parent company guarantees etc.
- Advise sales and commercial teams on steps to mitigate potential contractual and commercial risks
- Participate in reviews of complete bids to ensure consistency and avoid doubling up with commercial and technical qualifications
- Prepare contractual risk summaries to present to the management team as part of bid review/approval process
- Attend client meetings as required to finalise and agree acceptable terms and conditions for contracts.
- Develop and maintain contracting principles to support Kraken bid teams
- Provide support with preparing Invitations to Tender for subcontractor services and evaluation of proposals received for selection of subcontractors.
- Develop contract summaries to ensure key contract terms are presented to and understood by project teams and provide legal support during project evaluation
- Develop subcontract agreements for major projects when required, ensuring flow down of terms from main contract terms and conditions
- Develop standard contract templates for use by functional groups to ensure consistency across the group
- Maintain accurate records of all company agreements, including property and facility agreements
- Liaise with external lawyers in domestic and foreign jurisdictions, and local authority agencies when required to ensure compliance with legal/governmental requirements
- Develop and deliver training on contract terms and other legal issues to raise commercial/contractual awareness across the business
- Conduct legal research to maintain current knowledge and compliance
- Provide corporate legal support including occasional support on company secretarial matters
- Assist in creating and revising policies and procedures across the Kraken Group
- Carry out other in-house legal tasks as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Prior international experience with a Marine Technology, Subsea services provider
- Experience in offshore renewables and defence sector is highly desired
- Previous experience in a commercial/contracting environment with strong commercial awareness and effective negotiation skills are essential
- Knowledge of standard industry contracts, such as IMCA, BIMCO and LOGIC as well as knowledge of a variety of contract documentation such as framework agreements, supply contracts, JV’s, partnerships, NDA’s etc.
- Understanding of contracting under Canadian/Scottish law
- High proficiency in various Office 365 tools, including Teams and SharePoint, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to identify risks and propose alternative strategies to mitigate risks
- Self-motivated with ability to multi-task and oversee multiple tasks simultaneously with conflicting priorities
- Good time management, adopting a flexible approach to work
- Ability to work successfully in a dynamic team environment across departments and locations
- Ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Strong planning, analytical, negotiation and organisational skills
- Strong ethical values and willingness to raise concerns to internal team members
- Willing to contribute ideas and seek improvements and solutions committed to improving working practices
- Demonstrate sound judgment and good decision-making when dealing with problems
- Ability to communicate with external stakeholders and clients whilst ensuring the company is always presented in a professional manner
- Carry out any other tasks as required and within the competence of the job holder
Email your latest CV, stating job reference KRSI-2023-06 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Aberdeen, UK or Newfoundland, CanadaClosing Date:
30 June 2023