Position: Business Development Manager – Civil Hydrography
Qualification: Bachelor’s degree
Location: Remote working, based in UK or Ireland, with some international travel.
Reporting To: Chief Commercial Officer
XOCEAN is an ocean data company – we collect data for clients ranging from mapping the seabed to monitoring the environment. However, we do this differently, instead of using conventional crewed survey ships, we have developed a marine robotic system known as an Uncrewed Surface Vessel (USV).
XOCEAN is an innovative company with ambitious global growth plans, both short- and long-term. The Commercial team is responsible for the effective development and implementation of the Commercial Strategy that will deliver strong performance in keeping with these stretching organisational objectives. The Business Development Manager – Civil Hydrography is a key role within this dynamic team, focused on creating and nurturing client relationships that will drive business performance in a fast-paced business environment.
- Applicants must demonstrate how they meet the essential criteria. Desirable criteria may be used for further shortlisting.
- We thank all candidates for their interest, however due to very high volumes, only those who are selected for further consideration, will be contacted directly.
- To be eligible for this position you must have a valid working visa / permit to work in the UK or Ireland.
- Closing date for applications 1st September 2023.
- Please apply online and follow the instructions or submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Implementation of XOCEAN’s Global Commercial Strategy in specified global markets to drive business performance, the Business Development Manager – Civil Hydrography will:
- Be a trusted advisor to our clients for data provision, demonstrating strong consultative selling skills
- Have the ability to develop solutions to meet data needs in complex projects
- Own the end-to-end Sales process including:
- Identifying new Contacts and developing new opportunities in line with Commercial Strategy to drive revenue growth
- Client Relationship Management – own the relationship with clients to ensure early visibility of future contracts and pipeline opportunities
- Development of monthly and quarterly Sales Forecasts
- Continuous Learning – follow up with customers throughout the project lifecycle and upon completion of projects to enable organisational learning, internal feedback and continuous improvement;
- Work cross-functionally with Projects, Survey and Marine teams to develop opportunities in keeping with operational capacity;
- Third level qualification – e.g. B.Sc., B.Eng minimum.;
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in a similar role within the ocean data / marine survey sector;
- Internationally recognised Hydrographic Survey qualification;
- Experience of growing a sales pipeline from zero at market and regional level; demonstrated ability to research and identify new markets and customers and drive sales conversion;
- Understanding of marine survey requirements in the Civil Hydrography market and key stakeholders in the industry;
- Strong technical understanding grounded in delivery of significant projects to internationally recognized standards;
- Excellent commercial acumen, demonstrated consultative selling skills and an ability to place the customer and their requirements at the heart of every conversation – both internal and external;
- Results-oriented, proactive and reactive;
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills; encourages an open exchange of information and viewpoints, actively listens to others;
- Excellent written and spoken English – ability to communicate clearly and concisely about services to prospective customers and clients, partners, vendors, press.
- Offshore survey experience, with an understanding of data requirements of our clients
- Understanding of marine survey systems, software and deliverables within the geophysical survey sector
- Understanding of Civil Hydrography sector globally, other related sectors in the market, key survey requirements and international standards;
- Use of CRM, e.g. Hubspot;
Business Development Manager – Civil HydrographyLocation:
Remote working, based in UK or Ireland, with some international travel.Closing Date:
01 October 2023