Position: Business Development Manager
Qualification: Bachelor’s degree
Location: UK or Ireland (remote working possible)
Reporting To: Chief Commercial Officer
XOCEAN is an ocean data company – we collect data for clients ranging from mapping the seabed to monitoring the environment. However, we do this differently, instead of using conventional crewed survey ships, we have developed a marine robotic system known as an Uncrewed Surface Vessel (USV).
XOCEAN is an innovative company with ambitious global growth plans, both short- and long-term. The Commercial team is responsible for the effective development and implementation of the Commercial Strategy that will deliver strong performance in keeping with these stretching organisational objectives. The Business Development Manager is a key role within this dynamic team, focused on creating and nurturing client relationships that will drive business performance in a fast-paced business environment.
- Applicants must demonstrate how they meet the essential criteria. Desirable criteria may be used for further shortlisting.
- We thank all candidates for their interest, however due to very high volumes, only those who are selected for further consideration, will be contacted directly.
- To be eligible for this position you must have a valid working visa / permit to work in the UK or Ireland.
- Closing date for applications 1st September 2023.
- Please apply online and follow the instructions, or submit your CV to email@example.com.
Implementation of XOCEAN’s Commercial Strategy to drive business performance, the Business Development Manager will:
- Be a trusted advisor to our clients for data provision, demonstrating strong consultative selling skills
- Have the ability to develop solutions to meet data needs in complex projects
- Own the end-to-end Sales process including:
- Identifying new Contacts and developing new opportunities in line with Commercial Strategy to drive revenue growth
- Client Relationship Management – own the relationship with clients to ensure early visibility of future contracts and pipeline opportunities
- Development of monthly and quarterly Sales Forecasts
- Continuous Learning – follow up with customers throughout the project lifecycle and upon completion of projects to enable organisational learning, internal feedback and continuous improvement;
Work cross-functionally with Projects, Survey and Marine teams to develop opportunities in keeping with operational capacity;
- Third level qualification – B.Sc., B. Eng. minimum
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in a similar role within the ocean data / marine survey sector
- Experience of growing a sales pipeline at market and regional level and demonstrated capability to drive sales conversion
- Excellent commercial acumen, demonstrated consultative selling skills and an ability to place the customer and their requirements at the heart of every conversation – both internal and external
- Encourages an open exchange of information and viewpoints, actively listens to others;
- Results orientated, proactive and reactive;
- Offshore survey experience, with an understanding of data requirements of our clients
- Understanding of marine survey systems, software and deliverables within the geophysical survey sector
- Working with CRM e.g. Hubspot
Business Development ManagerLocation:
UK or Ireland (remote working possible)Closing Date:
01 October 2023